Deadline for application: May 31, 2023
The VALUE4HER Women Agripreneurs of the Year Awards (WAYA) is an AGRA-led recognition initiative launched in 2021 under AGRA’s flagship VALUE4HER initiative that seeks to strengthen women agripreneurship in Africa.
The Women Agripreneurs of the Year Awards (WAYA) recognizes African female agripreneurs who have excelled in the agricultural value chains and have demonstrated remarkable innovation by contributing positively towards food security, climate resilience, and women and youth empowerment. The awards aim to create visibility for successful women and promote them as positive role models, trigger innovation, and spur ambition among women agripreneurs.
The winning agripreneurs, who will be unveiled during the 2023 AGRF Summit, will receive a total of $85,000 in grant funding.
- Businesses must be operating in an agriculture or agribusiness value chain
- Be a legal entity registered in a country that is a member state of the African Union
- At least 51% owned and managed by one or more women who are citizens of one of the 55 African countries.
Applications are being received in three categories:
- Young female Agripreneur (for those under the age of 35 years and have demonstrated innovation and leadership in business).
- Outstanding Value Adding Enterprise (for female-owned agribusinesses that are increasing the economic value and/or consumer appeal to agricultural products).
- Female Ag-Tech Innovator (those championing technological advancement in agribusiness).
- Overall Grand Prize winner will be determined as the candidate that demonstrates the best potential for scale.
Entries are submitted online on this link until May 31, 2023.